In this article, we are going to cover Some Frequently Asked Questions related to SSC CGL Exam 2021. Maybe it helps you to boost your preparation.
If you have any other questions, you can type below the blog. I try to give answer very quicly.
Table of Contents
Q. What is the Full form of SSC CGL?
Ans.: SSC CGL full form Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam.
Q: From where can I find the detailed syllabus of the SSC CGL exam and its benefits?
Ans.- A syllabus curriculum serves as a directional map for progressing along the learning path.
It prescribes the topics and concepts on the basis of which the students will be tested in the final examination.
A syllabus actually acts as a contract between students and teachers consisting of tasks and ideas that are used to evaluate the performance of the students.
In this answer, we will discuss with you “how your syllabus can help you to study effectively in the SSC CGL exam and where you can find the CGL detailed syllabus.
From the below link you can download SSC CGL detailed syllabus to prepare a better strategy and improve your performance in SSC CGL 2021.
Click to Download the SSC CGL syllabus
Also, I will show you more benefits of the SSC CGL Syllabus
- A syllabus is an exam planning tool. It helps the instructor to design and organize the topics.
- It gives students a clear idea of the course content and the knowledge they will acquire throughout the course.
- It gives space to the students to do extensive practice in the form of various problem sets, homework, and subject-oriented assignments.
- It informs the students about the curriculum structure, goals, and learning outcomes.
- It sets the tone for the course by streamlining the course content.
Knowing the importance of a well-designed curriculum, we can say that a curriculum is like a roadmap with instructions to be successful in the classroom.
A curriculum focuses on the needs of the students and their learning process.
Thus it helps the students to become more productive and more effective learners in the curriculum.
Q. Does SSC CGL have Negative marking?
Ans.- Yes, SSC CGL Have Negative Marking. Here, 2 marks are allotted for each correct answer in which 0.5 marks Marks deducted for each wrong answer. But in the SSC CGL tier-2nd English exam, 1 mark allotted for each correct answer, and 0.25 marks deducted for each wrong answer
But no the mark will be deducted if the question is left blank or left without attempt.
Because exam pattern helps you to know about create proper planning, strategy and boost your SSC CGL exam performance.
Also, it helps you to get an idea about marks distribution in the SSC CGL exam.
Q. What are the sources of best study material for preparing for the SSC CGL exam?
Ans: Check the following points to know about the sources of best study material for preparing for the SSC CGL exam.
- Books- They help you to know about the syllabus, make proper planning, and boost your performance.
- SSC CGL Previous Paper- They help you get an idea about types of questions, know about time weightage, quick revision and boost your performance.
- Newspaper, blog, magazine- Read the Daily newspaper, news blog, and monthly magazine to boost your general knowledge and current affairs.
- Make Notes: Create your daily notes to revise the whole syllabus at the final time.
- Guide of Good Mentors: Take guidance with good mentors because they give you the right direction for preparation.
Q. In how many months will I be able to prepare for the SSC CGL exam?
Ans. 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year for best preparation to prepare for the SSC CGL exam.
For the tier-1st exam, If you can give dedicatedly 5-6 hours a day for self-study, you will be able to cover the entire syllabus pretty well in around 2-3 months and easily crack this exam.
For the tier-2nd, you give more time to prepare for the SSC CGL exam preparation.
It is especially important to give maximum effort and time to complete the syllabus and then revise.
Ques. How much time should I spend attempting the General Intelligence & Reasoning section of Tier I?
Ans. You should practice well to attempt the general intelligence and reasoning section in around 20 minutes. Follow these little pointers to improve your spending effort time.
- Improve English Skills.
- Solve Previous Year Question Papers.
- Practice More of attempting questions in less time.
- Do Time Management.
- Relax your mind.
Q. Which section of SSC CGL Tier should I attempt first?
Ans. General Awareness section of tier 1 should you attempt first. Don’t do guesswork because 0.5 marks are deducted for each wrong answer. you solve this section maximum of 10 minutes.
Second, you can attempt the English section in SSC CGL tier-1st. You solve this section also 10 minutes.
Third, you can attempt the reasoning section in the SSC CGL tier-1st.
And fourth section Quantitative Aptitude section.
Q. Best Books to prepare SSC CGL 2021 exam?
Ans. Check the below books to prepare SSC CGL 2021 exam.
SSC CGL English
- Objective General English by SPBakshi (Arihant)
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
- Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
- Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
- From Plinth to Paramount- Neetu Singh
- A Mirror of Common Errors- Dr Ashok Kumar Singh
Best Books For SSC CGL Maths
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M Tyra:
- SSC Elementary and Advanced Maths BY Kiran
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- Quantitative Aptitude by Dr R.S Agarwal
SSC CGL Reasoning Books
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Gupta
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
SSC CGL General Awareness Books
- Manorama Yearbook
- General Knowledge- Lucent Publication
- NCERT Books of Class X, XII- History, Geography, Economics
Q. Which is the Best “UPSC(IAS)” vs “SSC CGL”?
Ans. IAS exam is more difficult and comprehensive in terms of competition and in comparison to SSC.
UPSC is tougher SSC because its post-level greater than the SSC officer’s level.
Clearing SSC will get you Group B posts, whereas by UPSC you are posted as Group A officers (in most cases also gazetted officers).
Q. Subject list of SSC SCL 2021?
In SSC CGL tier-1st, 4 subjects are there. Check the subject list below
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension skills
Also, In the SSC CGL tier-2nd, 4 subjects are there. Check the subject list below
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language & Comprehension
- General Studies
In SSC CGL tier-3rd: the SSC exam is to assess the candidates’ language proficiency, grammar knowledge, vocabulary usage, and writing skills in English/Hindi.
In SSC CGL tier-4th: Here you give a test on a computer, 2 tests are there.
- Data Entry Speed Test
- Computer Proficiency Test