Table of Contents
In this article, we are going to cover about SSC CGL 2021 exam like Exam date notification, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Marking Scheme, How to fill the form, previous year papers, Selection Process, Salary, Post, and others.
1.What is SSC CGL?
Staff Selection Commission -Combined Graduate Level Exam is an examination conducted for the recruitment of employees to various posts in Ministries, Departments, and Organizations of the Government of India.
It is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the selection of employees for various Group B and Group C posts. Staff Selection Commission was established in 1975
The full form of “SSC CGL” is the Selection staff commission Combined Graduate level Exam.
Every year, around 30 lakh candidates fill the SSC CGL application form and around 15 lakh candidates appear for the exam. The Staff Selection Commission conducts the exam in four stages called tiers.
The first two levels of the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam are conducted in online mode. The next two stages of the exam are conducted in offline mode.
|SSC CGL Posts|
|SSC CGL Post||Department/Ministry||Classification of Post||Grade PayGrade Pay|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Group “B” Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Group “B” Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||4800|
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Railway, Ministry of External Affairs, AFHQ||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”||4600|
|Inspector (Central Excise)||CBIC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue||Group “B”||4600|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”||4600|
|Junior Statistical Officer||M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation||Group “B”||4200|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Registrar General of India||Group “B”||4200|
|Auditor||Offices under C&AG, CGDA||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant/ Junior Accountant||Other Ministry/ Departments||Group “C”||2800|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks||Central Govt. Offices/ Ministries other than CSCS cadres||Group “C”||2800|
|Tax Assistant||CBDT/ CBIC||Group “C”||2800|
|Upper Division Clerks||Government Departments||Group “C”||2400|
3. SSC CGL Salary & Perks
Check the salary and benefits offered to SSC CGL employees in the table below
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) recruits candidates in various government departments and ministries through the SSC CGL exam and thus, employees are liable for a decent salary as per the 7th pay commission.
With so many posts under SSC CGL, candidates may be confused about the pay level and post-wise in-hand pay of SSC CGL posts.
There are 5 pay level posts named Level 8, Level 7, Level 6, Level 5, and Level 4. The total SSC CGL salary for each post varies from Rs 25,500 to Rs 1,51,100 as per its pay level.
Also, check these links
|Letter writing format for competitive Exams|
|SSC CGL Previous Year Question Paper|
|SSC CGL Preparation Guide of All tier|
Given below is the pay level for various employees appointed to various SSC CGL posts:
SSC CGL Posts – Salary
Pay Level 8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)
|Assistant Audit Officer||Assistant Accounts Officer||Assistant Accounts Officer||Assistant Accounts Officer|
Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)
|Assistant Section Officer||Assistant||Inspector of Income Tax||Inspector, (Central Excise)|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)||Inspector (Examiner)||Assistant Enforcement Officer||Sub Inspector|
- Advertisement -
Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)
|Assistant/ Superintendent||Divisional Accountant||Sub Inspector(NIA)||Junior Statistical Officer|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II|
Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300)
|Auditor||Accountant||Accountant/ Junior Accountant|
Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100)
|Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks||Tax Assistant||Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)||Upper Division Clerks|
|Pay Level of Posts||Gross SSC CGL Salary Range (Approx)|
|X Cities||Y Cities||Z Cities|
6. SSC CGL 2021 Exam Pattern
In this section, I will show you the SSC CGL tier-wise exam pattern with the marking scheme of SSC exam 2021.
6.1 SSC CGL Tier-1st(Prelims) Exam Pattern
SSC CGL exam will be conducted Online comprising 4 sections with about 100 questions in total.
- The total maximum marks are 200.
- Each section comprises 25 Questions with 50 marks.
- Total 60 minutes allotted to the exam.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
Marking Scheme for SSC CGL tier 1st
- Negative Marking: candidates can expect a deduction of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer.
- Unanswered Question: No Marks will be deducted if the question is left blank or unattempted.
- Correct answer: 2 Marks Allotted for each correct answer.
6.2 SSC CGL Tier-2nd(Mains) Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier-II exam is conducted Online consisting of 4 papers which are Quantitative Ability, Statistics, General Studies (Finance & Economics), and English Language & Comprehension paper.
- Each paper comprises maximum marks of 200.
- Paper 3 consists of 100 questions and 200 questions in English only.
- Total 2 hours allotted in each Paper.
- Maximum 200 marks allotted on every paper.
|Papers||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Marking scheme in SSC CGL tier 2nd
- In Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) 0.25 marks deducted on each wrong answer.
- In Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV, 0.50marks deducted on each wrong answer.
No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
- In Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) 1 mark allotted on each right answer.
- In Paper-I, Paper-III, and Paper-IV, 2 marks allotted for each right answer.
6.3 SSC CGL Tier-3rd(Descriptive) Exam Pattern
The tier-3rd exam will be a descriptive exam/test. The Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.).
- Attempt the whole paper in 60 minutes.
- Maximum 100 marks allotted in this exam.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
6.4 SSC CGL Tier-4th Exam Pattern:
SSC CGL tier-4th exam is a computer skill test and conducted in two stages.
- Data Entry Speed Test(DEST) Test
- Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) Test.
In DEST Exam: Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in the English language. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s writing skills.
In CPT Exam: This test is conducted to check a candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Generation of Slides.
Note: SSC CGL Tier-IV is only a qualifying nature paper. This means that the marks obtained by the candidates in Tier-IV are not counted at the time of declaration of the final result.
8. SSC CGL Application Form 2021
Here, I will be going to cover “How you can fill SSC CGL 2021 Application form?”. All the candidates can fill the SSC CGL 2021 exam application form through the SSC official website.
- Go and Visit SSC CGL’s official website ssc.nic.in.
- “New user” click on the “Resistor Now” button
- Fill the all required detail on the SSC CGL form.
- Login to the registered account using your Registration Number and password(which set you at the time of registration).
- Fill in the required details, upload scanned images, upload signature, and other required documents.
- Take a quick review of your filled application form and click submit button.
- Pay the SSC CGL required application fee of Rs 100 in online or offline mode.
8.1 Uploaded Photo and Signature Detail in SSC CGL
Upload photo and signature must-have in JPJ/JPEJ format.
- Photo size- 20-50 kb
- Signature Size- 10-20 kb
SSC CGL Application Fees: Candidates can pay SSC CGL application fees through offline or online mode via SBI challan/BHIM UPI/internet banking/credit card/debit card.
Note: all women and candidates belonging to reserved categories like Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PWD), and Ex-Servicemen (ESM) were exempted from application fee payment.
9. SSC CGL 2021 Books
In every exam, books help you to prepare a proper strategy, give a complete guide, and help to know about the syllabus for SSC CGL 2021 exam.
9.1 SSC CGL Books for English
Candidate must buy these below books to prepare your tier-1st and tier-2nd exam paper.
- Objective General English by SPBakshi (Arihant)
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
- Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
- Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
9.2 Best Books For SSC CGL Maths
Given below are the best books for SSC CGL Maths:
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav
- SSC Elementary and Advanced Maths BY Kiran
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- Quantitative Aptitude by Dr R.S Agarwal is also one of the best books for SSC CGL Maths.
9.3 SSC CGL Reasoning Books
Let’s check the important SSC CGL Reasoning Books are given below for SSC CGL preparation:
- Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A.K. Gupta
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
9.4 SSC CGL General Awareness Books
Here, we write the best books to prepare SSC CGL general awareness exam.
- Manorama Yearbook
- General Knowledge- Lucent Publication
- NCERT Books of Class X, XII- History, Geography, Economics
11. Frequently Asked Question of SSC CGL
Question: Is SSC CGL tougher than Cat?
Answer: No, SSC CGL easier than CAT. Cat is famous for its unpredictability. With the best preparation for SSC CGL will help you to crack easily in SSC CGL. Also, SSC CGL preparation help to preparing for basic requirements for CAT.
Question: What are the subjects covered in SSC CGL Syllabus?
Ans. Aspirants of the SSC CGL exam have to prepare for the following subjects: Reasoning Ability, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.