IFS forest is also one of the Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC.
The civil service exam is conducted for recruitment to forestry services of India.
IFS services are placed under various State cadres and combined cadres, though they have the authority to serve under both state and central government.
In this article, you are going to discuss the IFS Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Eligibility, Syllabus, and question paper of the IFS Exam to prepare.
Table of Contents
What is the IFS exam pattern?
The IFS Exam patterns are designed to test your academic expertise and ability to present in a systematic and consistent manner.
IFS Exam pattern gives you a proper direction to create a preparation strategy for the IFS exam.
The purpose of the IFS exam pattern is to find only those candidates who are capable of becoming an IFS officer and exclude the incompetent candidates before going to the interview.
IFS Exam Pattern divide into three stages:-
- Stage 1- IFS Prelims Exam
- Stage 2- IFS Mains Exam
- Stage 3- IFS Interview/Personality test
Now, you can see all stages of exam patterns one by one.
Let’s get start
Stage 1- IFS Prelims Exam Pattern:
- Each prelim question paper consists of 200 marks.
- In Each paper, 2 hours provide to solve the question Paper.
|GS I||2 Hours||200|
- The question will be asked in both Hindi and English language.
- Objective/MCQ-type questions are asked in both papers. But the questions on English Language Comprehension Skills will be asked in English only.
You know, The cut-off for the IFoS exam is higher as compared to the IAS exam as the number of vacancies is quite less.
Note: After qualifying prelims exam, you will be able to attempt the IFS Mains exam.
Stage 2 IFS Mains Exam Pattern
- Nature of All the question Paper is descriptive.
- The time limit of each question paper is 3 hours.
- You can choose two optional subjects for this exam.
Also, You can choose an optional subject from the list given below.
Note: In this also you will appear for an interview after the qualifying Mains exam.
Note: All the Question papers will be asked only in the English language.
Marking Scheme Of IFS Exam
- For Pre Exam: Each question carries 2 marks in General Studies and 2.5 marks in Civil Services Aptitude Test.
- If you do not attempt a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
- If more than one answer is given to the candidates, it will be treated as a wrong answer, even one given answer will be correct.
- Negative Marking: For every wrong answer given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) marks will be deducted as a penalty.
- Candidates will be classified on the basis of opinion, material flow, understanding of problems/situations, feasible solutions/strategies, presentation, and language offered.
Stage 3- IFS Interview/Personality Exam Pattern
Total 300 marks provide in the IFS interview exam.
In the IFS interview examiner test your brain. They check
- Communication Skills
- Decision-making Ability
- Alertness of mind
- The critical power of observation
- General awareness, etc
Physical Test after Interview:
- Male candidates have to walk or run a distance of 25 km in less than 4 hours,
- Female candidates have to walk or run a distance of 14 km in less than 4 hours.
What are the subjects for IFoS Exam?
The Optional subjects for IFS forest Exam.
And Download the syllabus of your Favorite subject.
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Botany|
|Chemical Engineering||Civil Engineering|
Warning: The candidates will not be allowed the following combination of optional subjects:
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Choose one engineering subject from Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
IFS forest exam eligibility criteria
A candidate must be
A citizen of India, or The subject of Nepal or Bhutan,
A Tibetan refugee who lives in India before 1st January 1962 with the motive of permanently settling in India
Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects in Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology or Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering.
Final year candidates can also apply for IFS Examination.
Note: But if the final year candidates qualify the written exam, they will have to submit proof of having passed the required examination along with their detailed application form to be filled at that stage.
The candidate’s age should be minimum of 21 years and a maximum of 32 years as of 1st August 2021 of the year of examination.
Age relaxation for IFS forest Exam
|For General||No relaxation|
|For ST/SC||Up to 5 Years|
|For Other backward castes||Up to 3 years|
|State of Jammu and Kashmir (Dominated during the period 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989)||Up to 5 years|
|Defense service Man||Up to 5 years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned officers||5 years|
|ECOs/SSCOs||Up to 5 years|
|Blind, deaf-mute, and Orthopaedically handicapped persons||10 Years relaxation|
Number of Attempts for IFS Exam
The following table shows you the Number of attempts for the IFS Exam.
|General candidates||6 attempts|
|For OBC||9 Attemps|
|Physically Handicapped for general and OBC||9 Attempt|
|Handicapped person of SS/SC||unlimited|
What type of questions are asked in the IFS exam?
Here, I provide you IFS question paper to get an idea about the types of questions asked in the IFS mains exam.
|IFS Mains Question Paper 2020||Paper 1st||Paper 2nd|
|IFS Agricultural Engineering Question Paper||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Agriculture Paper 2020||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Animal Hus and Veterinary Science 2020||Download Paper||Download PDF|
|IFS Botany Paper Question Paper 2020||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Chemical Engineering Paper 2020||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Chemistry Question Paper||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Civil Engineering Paper 2020||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Forestry Question Paper||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Geology Previous Paper 2020||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Mathematics Paper||Download PDF||Download PDF|
|IFS Mechanical Engineering Paper||Download PDF||Download PDF|