Every year, millions of candidates/individual people attempt competitive exams from all over the nation. Approx 80%+ people give competitive exams.
Here, we provide you the list of the best common GK, current affairs, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and English books for competive exam.
These books will help you prepare for various competitive exams like Bank, SSC, RRB, PSC, state level, and other government exams, etc.
They compete for government jobs and other jobs for creating a good career. The major aspiration of this competitive exam is to get suitable and qualified candidates from every society in India is.
After completing the 12th class/graduation, students choose a government job or a competitive exam for further studies.
But, there are many competitive exams in India, so students have a little confused to choose good competitive exam books.
So, don’t worry I will provide you best common competitive exam books for all competitive exam/government exams.
Also, you can download the previous year’s question paper for your best preparation.
Table of Contents
Best GK Books for Competitive Exams
1.Pearson Concise General Knowledge Manual 2021 (For SSC, RRB, Bank, & other competitive exams):
Pearson Concise General Knowledge Manual 2021 is a potent tool in hands of the students preparing for various competitive exams like SSC, Banking, RRB, etc.
But have relatively less time to spend strolling through large chunks of data and other General Knowledge topics that are quizzed upon in similar exams across the country.
- Completely revised and restructured for faster preparation
- Indian Constitution with coverage of latest updates and sections on Polity, Science and Technology, Geography and General Knowledge
- Updated with illustrated maps and diagrams
- Big data is included in tabular format for easy remembering and revision in exam time
2. General Knowledge Lucent’s Cometitve Book 2021
Lucent is the best-selling book for general knowledge for beginners and experts. This book covers a wide range of general knowledge in a single concise volume.
Apart from extensive coverage, we have recognized three main priorities:
- accurate & up-to-date information;
- concise & lucid language; and
- A clear-cut presentation.
- Indian History:-
- World History:-
- Indian Polity and Constitution
- Indian Economy
- Indian History:-
3.Objective General Knowledge For All Competitve Exams
The book provides an in-depth knowledge of Indian culture; history; polity; science; geography and many more in the form of MCQs with answers and explanations.
- This book; ‘Objective General Knowledge’; offers a wide range of questions covering all the sections that come under the subject; G.K.
- This book is of high value to the students who need a kind of single source to keep their knowledge update.
- This book will surely fulfill that requirement.
4.10000+ Objective MCQs with Explanatory Notes for General Studies UPSC/ State PCS/ SSC/ Banking/ Railways/ Defence
The book has been divided into 8 sections which have been further divided into chapters containing 10000 “Multiple Choice Questions” for Revision purposes and final practice.
The 8 sections are – History, Polity, Economics, Geography, Science and Technology, Ecology, General Knowledge, and Current Affairs.2
In this second edition of General,Studies Books has been updated these following points
- The latest questions of UPSC, SSC, State PSC, RRB, Bank & other exams.
- Further outdated questions are removed and explanations are updated.
- The questions have been selected on the basis of the various types of questions being asked in the various exams.
Best Quantitative Aptitude Books for Competitive Exams 2021
1. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
The book also reinvents itself while being firm towards its core concept of providing the best content with easily understandable solutions.
- Comprehensive: The book is more comprehensive than ever, with over 5500 questions (backed with answers and solutions—a hallmark of quantitative aptitude).
- Easy to Follow: Chapters start with the easy-to-understand theory that is complemented by formulas and solved examples. They are followed by a wide number of questions for practice.
- Latest & Updated: Along with the questions (memory-based) for exams up to the year 2016, the book captures the latest exam pattern as well as questions for practice.
Table of Content:
Average, Time and Distance, Area, Numbers, Decimal Fraction, Unitary Method, Square Root, and Cube Root, Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Logarithm, H.C.F. and L.C.M., Series, Permutation and Combination, Profit and Loss, Time and Work, Probability, Partnership, Volume and Surface Area, Races and Games of Skill, Odd Man Out and Series, Calendar, Chain Rule, Boats and Streams, Trains, Pipes and Cisterns, Alligation or Mixture, Stock and Shares, True Discount, Banker’s Discount, Data Analysis,
This book is Useful For:
Bank, RBI, SSC, CBI, Polic, MBA, CAT, and other competitive exams.
2.Fast Track Objective Arithmetic competitive book 2021
The book, the first of its kind, has all the essential elements that are needed to master the concepts of arithmetic through level graded exercises, i.e. base level and higher skill level.
Comprehensively covering the syllabus of almost all competitive exams like RBI, SBI, IBPS PO, SSC, LIC, CDS, UPSC, Management, and all other entrance recruitment and qualifying exams,
- The book has a complete compilation of basic concepts and short tricks to solve different types of arithmetic problems.
- With the latest coverage of all exam questions, new types of questions and tricks,
- fully checked error
3.The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exam
This edition is designed to enhance students’ knowledge of quantitative aptitude and equip them with skills that will enable them to succeed in any competitive examination.
It presents the concepts in a clear and clear manner.
Each chapter includes definitions and explanations of fundamentals on all the major sections of QA, which are proceeded with illustrative examples to enable students to learn and memorize faster.
It consists of completely solved questions of previous years from various competitive exams as well as completely prepared solutions to a huge range of problems.
4.Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations | Useful for Bank PO/Clerk – IBPS, SBI, RBI, SSC-CGL, and Other Competitive Examinations
Quantitative Aptitude forms an integral part of any competitive examination.
This edition of Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams is designed for aspirants of Bank, LIC, Railway, SSC, and similar government vacancy exams.
This book contains various types of problems with suitable solutions along with previous years’ questions of various competitive exams.
Huge stock of problems will enable the candidates to understand the exam pattern and build proficiency in solving questions
Pearson’s Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams provides a one-point resource that contains a comprehensive set of questions that can help you master the Quantitative Aptitude section for the entrance exam.
Whether it is about finding the LCM or HCF of numbers, square roots, linear equations, permutations and combinations, simple interest, and compound interest, this guide can help you.
- This fully revised edition is informative and magnifies the potential and the capacity of the aspirant.
- The book contains over 4000 multiple choice questions for practice that are designed in various difficulty levels to keep you on the edge.
Best Current Affairs Books For competitive exam 2021.
1.Current Affairs Yearly competive book 2021
Moreover, this Magazine also includes MCQs on Current Affairs and lastly who’s who that tells about Governor, Ministers, Heads, Officials and many more who have been currently appointed, also includes various competition dates.
It is highly useful for State PCSs, IBPS (PO/ Clerk), NDA/CDA, SSC (CGL & 10+2), Railways & Other State Level Competition Exams.
- Competition in Focus series – Current Affairs (Year 2021) is the best selling magazine
- Provides complete coverage of current aff
- airs from January 2020 to November 2020.
- It covers every part of general knowledge from national to international.
- MCQs are provided on current shooters.
- Provides various competitive exam dates.
- Highly useful for State PCS, IBPS (PO/Clerk), NDA/CDA, SSC (CGL & 10+2), Railway, and other state-level competitive exams
The content discusses in Book
National Affairs, International Affairs, India & World, Economy & Banking, Science & Technology, Defence and Security, Space Technology, Health & Nutrition, Agriculture, Environment & Ecology, Sports Paranoma, State Affairs, Awards and Honours, News Line, Who’s Who.”
2.The Yearly Current Affairs 2021 book for Competitive Exams
It is useful for UPSC, SSC, Banking, Insurance, Railway, Engineering aspirants. Services and AFCAT etc.
The information provided is in line with the analysis of previous years competitive exams papers which will help the candidates to be updated on all the happenings in India and around the world.
It comprises of more than 30 experts, including PhD, B-Tech, PG, etc., working full time with decades of experience in various academic and competitive examination verticals.
The Test Prep segment provides the most updated (latest pattern and syllabus-wise) to-the-point student-friendly (relevant and easy-to-understand presentation) material, so that aspirants can give their best.
Best Books of Reasoning for competitive exams.
1.A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning:
This revised edition of A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning, while retaining the core strength and structure of the previous edition, brings to the readers additional questions from various competitive exams as per the latest pattern and trends.
This reasoning book is useful for different competitive examinations like SSC, SBI-CGL Tier I, AFCAT, SBI (PO), RBI Grade B, etc.
The book carefully guides the candidates through faster, shorter, and intelligent paths to take up the study both parts of the book, namely, Verbal, and Non-Verbal:
- Suitably arranging the questions based on the latest examination patterns.
- Providing a huge number of questions for practice, with solutions that can teach one the right approach towards solving them.
- Also, providing solved examples with full explanation to bring out the essence of each topic
2.Analytical Reasoning Session by MK Panday:
The book ‘Analytical Reasoning’ is an effective study material to work on one’s logical and reasoning skills.
This book has been specially published keeping in mind the formats and requirements of various competitive exams. It focuses on establishing the basics around the subject of logic and reasoning.
The focus of this book is on the basics of the subject of reasoning and reasoning and includes logic-based questions, assumption-based questions as well as inference-based questions.
This book is divided into two sections: Reasoning based on Logic and Reasoning based on Rules.
- Reasoning based on logic includes sections like basics of reasoning, assumptions, evaluation of inferences and strength of arguments, etc.
- The second section of Rule-Based Reasoning includes sections like Jurisprudence, Analytical Judgment, Input-Output Miscellaneous, Coded Inequalities and Problem-Solving etc.
3. A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning for competitive exam:
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning, while retaining the key strengths and structure of the previous edition, such as presenting all types of questions and solved examples in a categorized, well organized and categorized manner for the readers brings.
Additional questions from various competitive exams like SSC-CGL Tier I, CSAT, SBI (PO), RBI Grade B, etc.
- An additional section with new questions from recent exams.
- These questions are based on the latest trend and patterns of examinations.
- Complete solutions have been added to provide a simple and clear understanding of the reasoning involved in the questions.
Table of Content :
- Statement – Arguments
- Statement – Courses of Action
- Statement – Conclusions
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages
- Theme Detection
- Cause and Effect Reasoning